Like any relationship, sometimes your Elephant Cruiser needs a little TLC. Read below the golden rules to live happily ever after!
- Before using your Elephant Cruiser for the first time, give it a little rinse in hot water (but not hotter than 65ºC).
- Just like you, your Elephant Cruiser bottle cannot withstand temperatures below -10ºC and above 65ºC.
- Elephant Cruiser cannot be put in the freezer or in the microwave.
- If your bottle has a carrying strap, remove it before washing it. The strap is not, in any case, suitable for putting in the dishwasher.
- Please remove the silicone handle before washing. The silicone handle is not suitable for putting in the dishwasher.
- Not going to use your Elephant Cruiser bottle for a while? Store it without the lid on, since bacteria love closed spaces, but you probably don't like bacteria.
- To prevent a pool from forming in your bag, make sure the lid and top cap are securely closed when you fill your water bottle. You can also stuff your Elephant Cruiser using the small top opening.
- Do not press too hard when closing the lid, you can damage it and the lid will no longer work well.
- Elephant Cruiser is a sustainable bottle for filtered or tap water. Do you drink soft drinks, fruit juices or wine as if they were water? Then don't use Elephant Cruiser. These other drinks can permanently damage the bottle; if you use it that way you run that risk.
- The Elephant Cruiser bottle is a product of this century and is therefore dishwasher safe (up to 65ºC).Place all parts separately in the machine, but not too close to that utensil with sauces or rotting food as they may discolor.
- Preferably place the Elephant Cruiser lid (Sports model) on the cutlery tray, if there is space, to prevent it from shifting.
- Caution: The stainless steel of the Elephant Cruiser bottle can be very hot after being in the dishwasher and/or hot dishwater.
- Do not use abrasives, solvents, bleach and/or other chemical cleaners to clean your Elephant Cruiser products. These can leave a chemical taste.
- Do you want to use brute force to get rid of any remaining taste and smell? Soak your Elephant Cruiser parts in baking soda and rinse with (natural) vinegar.
- Never boil the Elephant Cruiser bottle; temperatures above 65ºC can cause it to warp or worse, leak.
- Does your Elephant Cruiser bottle smell like your husband's sock? Fill the bottle (the colored bottom part) with hot water and leave it for at least 30 minutes.